A full neuropsychological evaluation at Thomson Memory Center varies by age and specific concern. In general, evaluations follow this structure:
- The first part of the appointment involves the neuropsychologist conducting an in-depth interview. This involves discussing your past medical history, symptoms, and specific concerns with you and
any family members in attendance. Please remember to bring the filled out medical questionnaire sent to you via mail or email to your appointment.
- Based on the in-depth interview, the neuropsychologist decides which tests will be best to administer. Tests may be administered by a neuropsychology technician.
- The types of tests administered are mostly done in an interactive verbal and paper and pencil format. The provider is present to give instructions and guide the patient throughout the testing
process. Some tests are administered on the computer with close direction from the provider.
- Frequent breaks are allowed based on individual needs.
- After the conclusion of testing, the patient and any involved family members will return for results and recommendations approximately 1-2 weeks later. The written results and report of
the evaluation are provided and also sent to any referring physicians or other healthcare providers, as requested.
- Evaluations for very young children may be split over two separate
Contact us and our friendly staff will give you a call to answer any questions. Or call us directly at: (847)